This course will cover the practical aspects of multi-tier application development using the .NET framework. The goal of this course is to introduce the students to the basics of distributed application development. We will introduce the students to Web Service development and .NET remoting. Technologies covered include the Common Language Runtime (CLR), .NET framework classes, C#, ASP.NET, and ADO.NET. We will also cover service oriented architecture, design, performance, security, content managements systems and deployment issues encountered in building multi-tier distributed applications.
Topics We Covered
- Getting Started
- Functions and Operators
- Introduction to Networking and the world wide web.
- Building multi-tier enterprise applications.
- .NET Interoperation services.
- Server side programming: Web Forms, ASP.NET Web Services, ADO.NET Data Access
- Client/Server Programming, 3-tier architecture.
- .NET Remoting.
- ASP.NET Web services and web service security.
- RESTful, SOAP, DISCO, and UDDI.
- Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Web Services.
- Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Cross-Platform Mobile Application Development with HTML5 and PhoneGap